Saturday, July 23, 2011

You Better Run

I made the effort to lift my two feet off the ground and started to run a little a few weeks back. Then I was sick - 2 lots of tummy bugs and a head cold - and the death to my short lived bout of exercising ensued.
In my angry phase I decided I would start the quest again and looked into some help.
I found Couch to 5K (C25K).
I have completed four sessions of the program - to find out more info check out the founding website here and another good website here.
I downloaded their app and it has been great.
My goal is to compete in the Bridge to Brisbane 5K section.

I hope running can be a tool for my recovery.
I hope I find that love runners seem to have.
I hope I stick with it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, go you!!! I could never imagine calling myself a runner but one step at a time and now I am. It is very cathartic! I hope the love of 'it' find you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running has always been a part of my recovery. The hard part is it's the one thing we often don't feel like doing...but it can make us feel so much better.
    Best of luck!

    Thought you might like to check out my blog at...

    www.onemanswar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete