Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gratitude #32

I farewelled my other grandma today. My siblings and I lost both our grandmas in two days last week. It has been a shock and a hard week with back to back funerals. However, this is just how it is sometimes.
Grandma Tonge had the most beautiful smile and could cook Italian chicken spaghetti like no other (even though she wasn't Italian!). She drove this old green machine that had the responsiveness of a tank but she would tear it up. Driving with her was fun. (I think my mum was a little scared!) She worked hard and loved her family - 5 children, 7 grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren.
I thank her for her smile, the stripy cups with lemonade and her chicken spaghetti. Most of all I thank her for bringing my Dad into the world. That is the greatest gift she gave to me.



Rest in peace grandma. Clear be your thoughts again.



No comments:

Post a Comment